Vitamin E for Acne Does It Work and Is it Harmful You must have seen it on TV Acne removal cream or any skincare product advertisement does not end without stating that the product also contains Vitamin E.
Perhaps this is why vitamin E is the most common ingredient found in skincare products. Vitamin E is also an antioxidant. It is often applied to the skin in the form of vitamin E oil. So many times it is also eaten as a supplement. Some people believe that vitamin E has the properties to cure acne.
But is it really effective?
By the way, tell me that there is little research to support vitamin E in the treatment of acne. But everyone believes that Vitamin E protects against damage to skin cells. It prevents the problem of wrinkles from the sun and improves the overall health of the skin.
Vitamin E For Acne: In this article Made me perfect we will give you full information about Vitamin E For Acne Benefits And Side Effects.
What Is Acne?
Acne starts when oil and dead skin gets filled in the pores of your skin. Each pore of the skin is attached to a gland. The name of this gland is Sebaceous. This gland produces oil which we call Sebum.
The extra sebum from the gland fills in the ureter. Which produces a bacterium called Propionibacterium Acnes or P. Acnes. When the white blood cells of the body attack P. acnes bacteria, then we get itching, burning sensation, and pimples.
Common symptoms of acne include various infections including whiteheads, blackheads. There are many other factors that can cause acne, including genetics, diet, tension, hormone changes, and infections.
benefits of vitamin e for acne
Yes, vitamin E oil is effective for acne, but it mainly depends on how you use it.
What does Research say?
There is little clinical research regarding the benefits of applying vitamin E oil on acne or acne marks. There are also some researches which have come to the conclusion. But further research is needed in this regard. like,
- One study found that vitamin E oil is applied to the skin before benzoyl peroxide, it increases the potency of the drugs and reduces pimples. By the way, let us tell you that benzoyl peroxide is considered to be an effective medicine for acne. However, more research is needed on this.
- A study found that a mixture of vitamins A and E can prevent acne on the forehead and chin. Apart from this, this mixture can also inhibit the growth of Propionibacterium Acnes.
- Some research has found that intake of vitamin E through vitamin E supplements or food helps reduce acne.
- A study has found that the decrease in vitamin A and E levels in blood plasma increases the problem of acne.
Side effects of vitamin e for acne
- Another study has been done on hairless rats. This study found that skin damage caused by UV rays can be reduced by feeding rats with vitamin E and applying it to the skin. It also relieves the problem of irritation and pigmentation.
- A study found that the use of a mixture of lactoferrin, vitamin E, and zinc can eliminate the problem of acne in two weeks. But more research is needed on this.
- Vitamin E oil may work in combination with other ingredients. Not as a single treatment. Apart from this, it is also not clear that eating vitamin E supplements or applying them to the skin will prove beneficial in a particular case.
- It basically depends on your skin type and also how vitamin E reacts to it. Apart from this, before consuming vitamin E supplements, it is also important to know how beneficial they will be.
- Applying vitamin E on the skin can provide the benefits of anti-aging. It has been found that reactive oxygen or free radicals that increase wrinkles may alter the process of collagen production or biosynthesis in the skin. It helps to increase wrinkles in the skin. Vitamin E can eliminate free radicals and slow down the aging process.
There are several ways that you can add vitamin E to your skincare routine to reduce acne. You can consume it through products, foods, or supplements. Our advice is that, to know which method will be safe to consume, first consult your doctor.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant with many uses, which has many benefits for the skin. However, not much research has been done about its benefits for the treatment of acne. But you can try the use of vitamin E oil or products.
It is important to see, is it able to help you? Because its results change according to skin type and problems. You will also have to be a little careful while using it.
Any remedy you try takes time to show results. Wait at least a month before changing your treatment. If you do not see any result in your case or if your skin reacts negatively to it, consult a dermatologist immediately.