Autism Causes Symptoms and what is the reason Forgetting things often, repeating things, or not showing interest in any subject can all be due to autism. Autism is also called ASD.
It is a brain disorder that starts in childhood. It is necessary to start treatment of autism in time, otherwise, its results can be fatal. Important articles related to ASD have been shared in this article of Made Me Perfect.
In this article, the causes of autism, its symptoms, and how home remedies can be taken for autism, are explained in detail.
However, home prescriptions stated in the article are not a cure for this problem. These measures can help reduce the symptoms of this disorder and its effects. lest know ASD Causes Symptoms and what is the reason
In the first part of the article, know what is ASD.
What is autism
ASD or autism spectrum disorder is a type of mental disorder. Its symptoms begin to appear in the early years of life. In this, the victim grapples with social, communication, and behavioral challenges.
It is a type of neurodevelopmental disorder that increases with age. In certain circumstances, autism can also be related to other mental disorders, but only in rare circumstances.
According to the American Psychiatric Association, the problem involves the victim talking or explaining things to people, which has an impact on their daily life such as school, office, or other areas of life.
Learn more about the type of ASD.
- What is dopamine, whose growth can make you feel
- Why do I feel lethargic and sleepy after meals?
- Panic Attack Treatment cause and Symptoms
- Fatigue Causes, Symptoms, Treatment,
Types of autism
The type of ASD can be divided into three parts:
Intellectual disability can be found in individuals suffering from autistic disorder. Such individuals may have problems talking to others and establishing social behavior. Also, changes can be seen in their behavior and interest.
The symptoms of autism are not as clear as those of autistic disorder. In this type of ASD, there may be a decrease in the interest of the victim and they may also face problems in practicing social pragmatism. Language and intellectual disability are not found in this type of autistic disorder.
Perversive developmental disorder:
This type is also called atypical autism. Some symptoms of this type of ASD can be similar to autistic disorder. However, not all symptoms are the same, but problems may arise in negotiating and establishing social behavior.
In the next part of the article, know what can be the causes of ASD.
Causes of Autism
The cause of autism has not yet been properly ascertained, but it may be genetic. This can be due to genetic as well as environmental reasons. Problems mentioned below may be involved in the cause of ASD:
- Gestational age: Being a mother at 34 or older.
- Complications in pregnancy: Viral infections during pregnancy, bleeding, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, or lack of oxygen in the uterus can all cause autism.
- Pregnant’s mental health: If a pregnant woman is suffering from schizophrenia, depression, and anxiety or has ever suffered, the risk of autism may increase in the infant.
- Medications in pregnancy: During pregnancy, excessive intake of medicines can increase the risk of autism by up to 48 percent.
- Family Situation: Social, economic, and psychological conditions of the family affect autism.
After knowing the cause of ASD, further, know what the symptoms of autism can be.
Symptoms of autism
At the top of the symptoms of autism is discomfort in social communication and behavior, as well as repetition and loss of interest. However, the symptoms of ASD do not all look the same. Know below some common symptoms that appear in most people with autism:
Problems in social communication such as:
- Little or no eye contact.
- Do not look and listen to others.
- Do not react to call names.
- Problem maintaining communication.
- To talk a lot on the subject of your interest without giving the person a chance.
- Physical activity and gestures do not match what is said.
- Voice singing or flat and robotic sounds are unusual in talking.
- Having problems in understanding the point of view of others or in its gestures.
Restrictive/repetitive behavior such as:
- Repeating words or words in an unusual way.
- Be more interested in certain topics, such as numbers, descriptions, or facts.
- Getting depressed even with a slight change in daily life.
- Being more sensitive to lights, sounds, clothing, or temperature than others.
The symptoms of autism also include some positive things, such as:
- To remember things in detail for a long time.
- learn easily by seeing or hearing things.
- To excel in mathematics, science, music, or art.
Correct medical treatment is needed to relieve the symptoms of autism, but home remedies for autism can also be used along with it. Learn about home remedies for ASD in the next part of the article.
Home remedies for autism
The home remedies for autism described below may help in curing the symptoms of autism to some extent. Learn how home remedies work for ASD and how they can be used.
1. Epsom Salt
- Two Cups Epsom Salt
- Half cup baking soda
- A bathtub with lukewarm water
- Mix two cups of Epsom salt in a bathtub with lukewarm water.
- Sit the victim in this water for about 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, give it a bath with clean water.
How it works:
People with autism often have a low level of plasma sulfate (the level of sulfate in the blood), which is why they are advised to take sulfate supplements.
Epsom salt bath has been considered as one of the effective ways to increase plasma sulfate levels. Baking soda increases the absorption of salt in the body. Thus Epsom salt can help reduce its symptoms as a home remedy for ASD.
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Omega 3 supplements
- Omega-3 supplements can be given to the victim on consultation with a doctor.
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids can also be consumed as home remedies for autism.
How it works:
A research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) has found that omega-3 fatty acid deficiency in the body can be caused by autism. Omega-3 is a type of polyunsaturated fatty acid.
It has anti-inflammatory properties and can help the brain cell membrane (brain cell membrane) to function properly. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids may also help reduce some symptoms of ASD, such as emotional and behavioral problems.
- Probiotic-rich diet and supplements
- The victim may be advised to take probiotic supplements daily.
- Probiotic-rich foods may be included in the patient’s diet.
How it works:
Autism often causes upset stomach problems such as stomach ache, constipation, and diarrhea, which may be one of the reasons behind their abnormal behavior.
In this case, taking a diet and supplements containing probiotics can benefit. Probiotics can help relieve stomach problems by balancing the good and bad bacteria in the intestine. Further intensive research is needed in this matter.
To get relief from any disease, along with its treatment, it is also necessary to take the right diet. In the next part of the article, know what kind of diet should be consumed for autism.
Diet for autism
Magnesium-rich diet: Plasma magnesium levels are low in people with autism, which can be a cause of autism symptoms. Lack of magnesium in the body can cause mental instability. For this, a diet containing magnesium can be included:
- Fruits like bananas, avocados, and dried apricots
- Nuts such as almonds or cashews
- Grams, legumes, and seed grains
- Soy Containing Foods
- Whole grains (such as brown rice and millet)
Diets containing omega-3 fatty acids: As we have mentioned earlier in the article, omega-3 deficiency in the body can also be a cause of autism. Including foods containing omega-3 fatty acids in the diet can also help reduce the symptoms of ASD. The foods mentioned below are rich in omega-3 fatty acids:
- Fish such as salmon, minnow, albacore tuna, trout, and sardines
- Linseed seed and oil
- Chia Seeds
- Canola and soy oil
- Soybean and tofu
Probiotic-rich diet: Including a probiotic-rich diet in the patient’s diet can also benefit, which can help reduce stomach problems caused by autism. The probiotics may include the foods mentioned below:
- Ice Cream
- Milk powder
- Fermented Milk
After knowing about the foods eaten in the state of autism, further in the article we are talking about the foods which should not be eaten.
Gluten-rich diet: In many cases, autism patients may be allergic to gluten-containing foods. In such a situation, it is advisable not to take a gluten-rich diet, such as:
- Barley (includes malt, malt flavoring, and malt vinegar)
- Tracklist (a cross-breed grain between wheat and cecal)
Other gluten-rich foods:
- Bread and other baked products
- Soy sauce
- Canned or Deep-Fried Foods
- Canned foods including frozen foods, soups, and rice mixtures.
- Salad Dressing, Sauce
- Some candy, licorice
- Some medicines and vitamins
Treatment of autism
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are no drugs that can treat autism yet.
Therefore, doctors recommend taking medicines that can help a person with autism lead a normal life, such as controlling energy levels or depression or relieving problems with focusing.
ASD can be treated by reducing its symptoms with the help of some therapy with medicines, such as:
- Behavior and Communication Approaches: It works on social communication and behavior of the individual. This includes therapies wherein the patient is taught to dress, eat, bathe, respond to voice or touch, control the manner of talking and emotional behavior, etc.
- Dietary therapy: To reduce the symptoms of autism in the victim, vitamins, and mineral supplements are given in their diet. Also, nutrients are added to the diet, which is lacking in the patient’s body. In this therapy, changes are made in the patient’s diet.
- Complementary and Alternative Treatments: This therapy is rarely used. Special foods are included in the patient’s diet. Along with that, this therapy can also include a process like chelation (the process of removing metals like lead from the body).
After knowing the treatment of autism, in the next part of the article, know about the remedy to avoid ASD.
Prevention Tips for Autism
Some things can be kept in mind during pregnancy as a way to avoid autism, such as:
- Adequate intake of folic acid during pregnancy may reduce the risk of autism in the infant.
- Nuclear translucency (NT) and triple marker tests can be performed to detect neural tube defects in the fetus. With the help of this test, any such problem can be prevented in the baby before it occurs.
- Do not take any medicines other than those prescribed by the doctor during pregnancy.
- Get your baby regularly checked and vaccinated after birth.
Now you must have understood almost everything about ASD. Keep in mind that because of the symptoms of autism, the victim often loses their confidence, due to which it is important to treat them properly.
Also, with the help of the right medical treatment, therapy, and home remedies for ASD, its symptoms can be reduced. This can help a person to lead a normal life.
Treat autism under the supervision of a specialist with the help of the therapy described in the article. Apart from this, if you have any questions related to this problem, then you can ask us by writing in the comment box below.
frequently asked Questions
Can people with autism live a normal life?
Yes, a person/child with autism can lead a normal life. Many times the symptoms of ASD begin to decrease or disappear with the correct treatment, with which the patient lives a normal life.
Are cannabinoids oil good for autism?
Yes, the use of cannabinoids oil can help reduce the symptoms of autism in children. At the same time, it is difficult to say scientifically whether it can be used for a long time.
How to test autism in adults?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), no test, such as a blood test, is available to diagnose autism. However, ASD can be detected with the help of certain symptoms such as problems with speech, abnormal behavior, and other symptoms.
How does autism affect the brain?
Autism mainly affects the cerebral cortical area of the brain.
When to consult a doctor for autism?
If a child shows any symptoms of autism or any other unusual behavior, a doctor should be consulted immediately.