Red Light Therapy: There is a lot in the market nowadays for skincare solutions. From more than one product to treatments, it is now very easy to make your skin beautiful. (Benefits And Side Effects Of CC Cream)
Dermatologists, Biomedical Engineers, Facillists, and NASA? Yes, you read NASA right. This well-known space agency devised a popular skincare treatment (red light treatment) in 1990. (Mirror Skin Is The New Korean Beauty Trend)
Prior to skincare, this technology was used in plant growth work in the space. Scientists soon discovered red light therapy, which helped it heal injuries and wounds in the bones of astronauts. (Rice Flour Face Pack For Skin Tightening)
In this article Made me perfect we will give you full information about Red Light Therapy: Benefits And Side Effects.
What is Red Light Therapy?
Although the debate on its effect on the skin is still going on, much research done about this proves that if Red Light treatment or RLT is done properly then it can improve skin appearance as well as fine lines, wrinkles, and acne marks can also be a better solution. (Oily Skin: 7 Best Serum for Oily Skin)
How does RLT Work?
Doctors say that in this therapy, skin tissue is treated with a special light energy wavelength. This energy is used to improve cellular performance through cold laser or LED devices.
Although it was difficult to fully understand this mechanism, it was believed that the RTL light when on the face ablates the vital organ mitochondria present in the skin. The energy of red light leads to the growth and rejuvenation of the skin cell as mitochondria are the body part responsible for the growth and transformation of the skin cell.
Doctor Rekha explains that way photosynthesis occurs by absorbing sunlight in tree plants, which accelerates the process of tissue growth. In the same way, human cells absorb light wavelengths so that the production of collagen and elasticity is faster. (5 Best Skin Tightening Creams)
Difference between red light therapy and LED therapy?
In RED Light therapy, frequencies stimulate collagen production, reduce inflammation and improve circulation.
In LED therapy, the skin layers are treated through different light frequencies.
Studies About RLT (Red Light Therapy)
The German study found that after 30 sessions that lasted for 15 weeks, RLT showed that the skin was youthful, smooth, and also increased the glow of the skin.
According to another study, RLT was done twice a week for the month. It found that Burke Scars and Acne Marks decreased in the skin.
Is RLT Safe?
Red light therapy is a non-toxic technology. This is a better way to regenerate the skin than drugs and hard topical treatment.
If you also want to take this treatment, then seek the help of a trained therapist. Also, take special care of your eyes during treatment.
Health Problems and RLT
- The primary target of RLT is to cure the skin issue, but some scientists have found that red light therapy can also solve many problems, such as: –
- Inflammation – It has been found in many research that RLT can treat inflammation.
- Edema – Red light therapy can be useful in reducing inflammation around joints.
- Wound Healing – According to one study, RLT is better than other laser treatments for wound healing.
- Side effects in chemo – Cancer patients often see painful mouth sores after chemotherapy, but according to recent research, a dose of RLT has been shown to decrease.
- Alopecia or baldness – Red light therapy has also seen an increase in hair growth.
Be Aware of these Points
If you are spending thousands in red light treatment, then get a full treatment plan from an experienced specialist nearby. Although this therapy can also be done at home, it will be less effective.
To get RLT, you need to keep a few things in mind: –
- Cover your eyes completely.
- Read all the guidelines.
- Keep in mind that you do not sleep during treatment.
- Take special care of the device during treatment.