How to Treat Cracked Lips
Soft and pink ruddy lips add to the beauty of the face. It is necessary to take care of the lips to retain their moisture, otherwise, it starts to crack. The problem of chapped lips is not only painful, but it also affects the personality. Apart from not taking care of them, lips also get cracked due to the weather, so the habit of chewing them sometimes becomes a cause of chapped lips. Due to not paying attention to them in due course of time, many times the lips get so ripped that even blood starts coming out from them. To avoid all these troubles, in this article Made me perfect we are showing How to Treat Cracked Lips, which are both easy and effective.
Read in detail
In the first part of the article, you will know what are the reasons for lip eruptions.
Lest konw How to Treat Cracked Lips
Causes and Risk Factors of Cracked Lips
Our habits and lifestyle include the cause of lip eruptions. When the problem of chap lips and chapped lips increases, it takes the form of cheilitis, which is a kind of inflammation. Let us know in detail below why the lips crack –
- Frequent spitting on the lips or turning the tongue.
- Peeling off the dry layer of lips.
- Constant exposure to hot or dry winds.
- Due to the reaction of some medicines.
- To smoke
- Because of pollution.
- Staying longer in the sun.
- Going dry and cold weather without applying lip balm on lips.
- Due to lack of water in the body, especially in winter.
- Due to vitamin C or B12 deficiency.
- Causes of Psoriasis (Psoriasis – a type of dermatological problem).
Know what the symptoms are after the cause of lip eruptions.
Read more: How to Make Lips Pink Naturally
Symptoms of Cracked Lips
Symptoms of lip eruptions are common, which are easily visible. Some of its symptoms can be:
- Drying of lips.
- Frequent formation of crust and dry crust on lips.
- Feeling of a crack on the skin of the lips.
- Bleeding on lips.
- Swelling on the lips in some cases.
- Wound on the lips.
In the next part of the article, know how to correct the cracked lips at home.
Read more: Benefits and uses of Rosewater for skin
How to Treat Cracked Lips
Most of the materials used to remedy chapped lips are present in people’s homes. Actually, the use of moisturizing substances (emollient) is used as a remedy for chapped lips. In addition, a good moisturizer can also serve as a remedy for chapped lips. This has also been confirmed in research published by NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). Many ingredients in the home can work, like emollient and moisturizer. Based on this, we are telling about home remedies for chapped lips.
Read more: Best Vitamin-C Serum for Skin
1. Coconut Oil
- coconut oil
- Apply coconut oil on the lips three to four times a day.
Coconut oil can be used to treat chapped lips at home. It can work to keep lips soft and moist. Coconut oil has a moisturizing property. For this reason, people have been using it as a home remedy for chapped lips for years. It can help to moisturize cracked lips as well as reduce the wounds on them.
Read more: How to get rid of dry skin in winter?
2. Honey and Vaseline
- Combine both ingredients in a bowl.
- Now apply a thin layer of it on the lips.
- Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wipe with wet tissue paper or a clean wet cloth.
- Apply it at least once daily throughout the week.
Honey can also be used to do home remedies for chapped lips. Honey has antibacterial and wound healing properties, which can serve to heal wounds caused by lip eruptions. It can also help to bring back the lost moisture of the skin.
Not only this, but honey skin is also considered to be helpful in maintaining moisture. For this reason, honey is also used in ointments made for lips. At the same time, Vaseline (petroleum jelly) can moisturize dry skin or dry lips and keep them soft. When both these ingredients are mixed, it can become a home remedy for chapped lips.
Read more: How to skin Soft and Beautiful
3. Aloe vera
- An aloe vera leaf
- Cut aloe vera leaves from the side.
- Now take out the gel inside it and keep it in an air-tight jar.
- To cure cracked lips, apply it on the lips before sleeping at night.
- Leave it overnight after application.
- Wash lips with cold water as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- If desired, you can also use Aloe Vera gel found in the market.
At the beginning of the article, we have mentioned that a good moisturizer is needed to treat cracked lips homely. The use of aloe vera may be beneficial in such a situation. According to research published by NCBI, aloe vera contains mucopolysaccharides – sugar molecules. These molecules can help retain moisture in the skin. Also, its healing effect can provide relief from a wound on the lips. For this reason, aloe vera is used to treat chapped lips.
Read more: How To Use Castor Oil And His Benefits.
4. Sugar Scrub
- A spoonful of brown or white sugar
- A few drops of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of honey
- Mix sugar, olive oil, and honey.
- While mixing it, make sure that the sugar does not dissolve.
- Now apply it for the home remedy of chapped lips.
- Then scrub the lips in a circular motion for a while with this mixture.
- After scrubbing wash the lips with lukewarm water.
- This scrub can be used every other day.
Sugar is the best exfoliator, which can help in correcting the problem of chapped lips. Scrubbing with this can relieve dry and scaly skin of the lips. The honey mixed in it is known to keep the skin soft. Also, the oleic acid present in olive oil can reach into the skin and help to keep it moist. This scrub, made by combining these three, can work best as a home remedy for lip eruptions.
5. Rose Petals
- Five to six rose petals
- A quarter cup of raw milk
- Add rose petals to the milk and leave it for two to three hours.
- Then mix the petals in milk and make a paste.
- Now apply this paste to your lips and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash off with cold water.
- To cure cracked lips, apply it once or twice daily.
At the beginning of the article, we have mentioned that the problem of chapped lips leads to cheilitis (a kind of inflammation), which needs anti-inflammatory properties to cure. For this, the use of rose petals can be beneficial. These petal extracts have anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce inflammation. More research is still needed on the use of rose petals as a home remedy for chapped lips.
- Three to four sliced cucumber
- Cut cucumber slices and make a paste.
- Now apply this paste to the lips and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove it and clean your lips.
- You can also add cucumber along with it to the diet.
Dehydration is also a symptom of lack of water in the body, dry lips. In this case, using cucumber can protect the lips from drying. Cucumber contains about 95 percent water, due to which it can be used to reduce the problem of cracked lips due to dehydration. Not only this, but cucumber also has a moisturizing effect on the skin, which can help in softening the lips. Also, it can be helpful in retaining their moisture as well.
7. Almond Oil
- A little almond oil
- To treat chapped lips, apply almond oil on the lips before sleeping at night.
Almond oil can be used to treat lip eruptions. Almond oil is said to have an emollient property, which can help to keep the lips soft by transporting moisture to the skin. Also, almond oil has the ability to improve skin tone, which can turn dark black lips pink.
After knowing how to fix chapped lips, read further how it can prevent it.
Some other ways to avoid chapped lips
If you want the lips to remain pink and soft in every season, then keep in mind the things mentioned below.
- Include nutrient-rich foods in the diet.
- Do not cut the lips with teeth.
- Avoid using cosmetics containing chemicals.
- Do not smoke
- Protect lips from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Drink plenty of water and juice, so that the body remains hydrated and the lips are not dry.
Read the article till the end
Know when to go to the doctor after treatment and the prevention of lip eruptions.
When should doctor’s advice be taken?
Bursting of the lips is not a disease. They recover on their own after some time. Yes, when the condition of the lips starts to appear serious, a doctor can be contacted to treat the cracked lips. Read below about what are those conditions –
- If there is no benefit from treating cracked lips at home.
- the wound on the lips has become severe and has not healed for a long time.
- If the lips are cracked even after applying lip balm daily.
- The lips have become swollen and the swelling is continuously increasing.
- Wounds have started to form on the lips, which instead of drying, started growing.
Now you have got information about home remedies for chapped lips. All these tips are very easy. By giving these prescriptions for five minutes, not only can the problem of chapped lips be corrected, but their complexion can also be improved. If necessary, take home remedies for chapped lips at the right time. If along with home remedies, a nutritious diet is taken care of and precautions mentioned in the article, then its effect will start to appear in a few days. We hope you now understand how to fix torn lips. If you like, don’t forget to share the article with your friends. Next, we are answering some questions asked by the riders.
frequently asked Questions
How long does it take for cracked lips to heal?
It may take one to two weeks for the problem of chapped lips to be completely cured.
How to treat chapped lips quickly?
To cure chapped lips quickly, do the home remedy of chapped lips mentioned daily in the article above.
What to do when the baby’s lips break?
Coconut oil can be used as a home remedy for the cracked lips of children.
Are chapped lips a sign of disease?
No, chapped lips can be caused by changes in weather, our lifestyle, or lack of water in our body. Apart from this, we have already given the above information that it can also be a symptom of psoriasis.
What virus causes chapped lips?
The problem of lip eruptions is not caused by any virus. The article about what causes the lips to explode is explained above. You can read them in detail above.
Why do lips often crack in winter?
Winter winters and dry air reduce the moisture of lips. This is the reason why lips start to crack more in winter.