Herpes Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies (HSV) It is common to have skin problems in case of dirt and lack of hygiene, which may be mainly due to infection (viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic). At the same time, there are some skin problems, people get scared on hearing their name. One of them is herpes. In this problem, the patient may have to face situations like unbearable pain, pain, and burning sensation.
This is the reason why in this article of Made Me Perfect, we are giving the causes, symptoms, and some home remedies for (HSV). The home remedies mentioned in the article can provide some relief to the problem of herpes. At the same time, if the problem is serious, then a doctor should get a checkup done.
- How To Get Rid Of Mouth Sores Naturally
- What is Jawline Acne? Know the reasons and treatment
- What are Varicose Veins? Treatment of Varicose Veins
- Pimples On Back And Shoulders Home Remedies
What is Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)
Herpes is an infectious disease caused by the virus. In this, the skin is mainly affected. The virus causing this problem is known as herpes simplex virus (HSV). When this problem occurs, a group of small pimples is seen in the affected area. Due to these pimples, the patient feels itching, pain, and burning sensation at the affected place, which later takes the form of a wound. This problem is mainly divided into two parts. One is oral herpes ((HSV) type-1). At the same time, the other has been named genital herpes ie ((HSV) type-2). Let us also know about both parts of herpes.
- Oral herpes: The effect of infection in oral (HSV) is mainly seen around the patient’s mouth and on the face. At the same time, in some cases, there is also a possibility of it spreading to the throat.
- Genital herpes: In this type of (HSV), the infection can affect the genital and its surrounding area as well as the buttock and anus region.
Note: Of course, (HSV) is mainly divided into two parts, as mentioned above, but in some cases, this infection can affect the mouth and genitalia as well as the eye and other parts of the body.
Let us now know the symptoms of herpes in the article.
Symptoms of Herpes (HSV)
Both type-1 and type-2 herpes can be identified by looking at their symptoms. Here first we are talking about the similar symptoms of both. After this, the different symptoms of these two will be explained below:
Symptoms similar to type-1 and type-2 Herpes:
- Burning sensation on the affected area.
- A small group of pimples or water-filled grains appear on the affected area.
- Itching on the affected area.
- In severe condition, wound on the affected area.
Now know the symptoms of oral Herpes:
- Itching and burning sensation on the lips or around the mouth.
- Tingling feeling around lips or mouth.
- Sore throat
- Trouble swallowing.
- Blisters or rashes in the gums, lips, mouth, and throat.
Now know the symptoms of genital Herpes:
- Loss of appetite.
- Feeling weakness
- Pain and cramps in the muscles of knees, waist, hips, and thighs.
- Groin area ie swelling between the waist and thighs.
- Vaginal, external parts of the vagina, around the rectum, painful blisters filled with fluid around the hips or thighs (in women).
- Liquid-filled painful blisters (in men) on the penis, around the pulp, around the hips or thighs.
- Liquid-filled blisters on the tongue, mouth, eyes, gums, lips, fingers, and other parts of the body.
- Pain while passing urine.
- Vaginal discharge.
There is more
After knowing the symptoms of (HSV), let’s talk about the causes of herpes.
Causes of Herpes (HSV)
The main cause of herpes is herpes simplex virus (HSV), which is mentioned at the beginning of the article. According to experts, this virus was introduced into humans from different species of monkeys millions of years ago. It is an infectious disease and can be transferred from one person to another. Therefore, the reason for its transfer has been mainly attributed to the occurrence of herpes in humans. Let us also look at the reasons, due to which there is more possibility of the virus spreading from one person to another.
1. Causes of oral Herpes
- Taking an infected person’s kiss.
- Eating the infected food of an infected person.
- Use of lip cream or balm used by an infected person.
- It can also transfer into the form of oral(HSV) by having alternate sex with a person suffering from genital herpes.
2. Causes of genital (HSV)
Sex with an infected person is the main reason for this, including unprotected and alternative sex.
After knowing the causes of (HSV), it is now time to know the diagnosis of herpes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)
The doctor may perform the following tests to check for herpes virus:
- Viral culture: In this test, it is seen whether the wound or blister on the skin is infected with the herpes virus. For this, a sample of liquid or wound on the skin (by rubbing a cotton swab over the blister) is taken, after which the presence of (HSV) virus is detected in the lab.
- Blood test: Antibody levels are detected through blood tests. This can also help detect the presence of the (HSV) virus.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test: In this test, the DNA of the virus present in the liquid of the blister is examined. This allows (HSV) type 1 and herpes type 2 to be detected.
Learn the treatment of herpes in the next part of the article.
Treatment for Herpes (HSV)
To reduce the effects and symptoms of the herpes virus, doctors can do the following treatments:
- For the treatment of herpes, doctors can prescribe antiviral drugs to fight the virus. It can help reduce pain and relieve symptoms.
- Use of antiviral skin cream may also be advised.
- The use of antiseptic soap can help prevent the virus from spreading to other areas of the body.
- A cold or mild hot washcloth can be applied to the affected area to reduce pain.
Know the home remedies for (HSV) after treating herpes disease.
Home Remedies For Herpes (HSV)
Some Home Remedies can be taken to prevent the initial stage of Herpes to some extent and to reduce its symptoms. Information related to Herpes home remedy is given below.
1. Tea Tree Oil
- Two to four drops of TT oil (as required)
- A piece of cotton
How to use:
- Take two to four drops of tea tree oil on a piece of cotton wool.
- Now apply cotton tree oil on the affected area with the help of cotton and leave it as is.
- You can repeat this process about three times a day.
The use of tea tree oil for the treatment of herpes can be helpful to a large extent. The reason is that it has an antiviral effect. As mentioned earlier in the article, this is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus. Therefore, it can be assumed that this property of tea tree oil can prove to be helpful in eliminating the effects of the herpes virus.
- A spoonful of honey
- A cotton pad
How to use:
- Take a few drops of honey on a cotton pad.
- Now apply this pad to the affected area.
- This method can be used daily.
The use of honey can be beneficial in the (HSV) problem. Research on this subject has found that using topical honey, can be helpful in removing itching and herpes wounds. However, information about which quality of honey is beneficial in the problem is not available in the research.
3. Baking Soda
- A spoonful of baking soda
- Two to three teaspoons of water
- A piece of cotton
How to use:
- Make a solution by mixing baking soda with water.
- Apply this solution to the affected area with the help of cotton and leave it as is.
- This process can be repeated about three to four times a day.
- At the same time, in genital herpes, add about one cup of baking soda to the bathtub water and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Adopting this process twice a day can prove beneficial.
Baking soda has an antipyretic effect, which can help relieve many skin problems such as itching and burning. At the same time, it is also considered beneficial in mouth ulcers, which is also the main reason for herpes simplex virus (HSV). For this reason, it would not be wrong to say that the use of baking soda can provide some relief to the problem of herpes. Keep in mind, excessive use of baking soda on the skin can also cause some side effects. Therefore, for the treatment of herpes, baking soda should be used with great care and in balanced quantities. At the same time, medical consultation is also necessary for better and positive results.
4. Lemon Balm
- Lemon balm oil (essential oil) two to three drops
- A piece of cotton
How to use:
- Take two to three drops of lemon balm oil on a piece of cotton wool.
- Apply oil on the affected area with the help of cotton and leave it as is.
- This process can be repeated about two to three times a day for quick effect.
Lemon balm oil can also be used to treat herpes. According to experts, it has antiviral properties, which can be effective in destroying the herpes virus as well as its effects. For this reason, essential oil prepared with lemon balm can be considered as a better option to get rid of the herpes problem.
- Echinacea tea bag or one to two dried flowers of it.
- A cup of hot water
How to use:
- Take a cup of hot water first.
- Leave Echinacea tea bag or its dried flowers in it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the time is over, separate the Echinacea tea bags or flowers.
- Now you can sip the prepared tea and drink it.
- This process can be repeated about twice a day.
Note- Remember, do not throw an echinacea tea bag or its remaining flowers after making tea. Separate its extract and apply it to the affected area with the help of cotton. This process may prove to be helpful in removing the effect of herpes externally.
The use of echinacea in home remedies for herpes can also be beneficial. Indeed, one research clearly states that the use of echinacea may exhibit antiviral activity against herpes simplex virus type 1. In such a situation, amnesia can be seen as the best way to reduce the effect of herpes.
6. Petroleum Jelly
- Petroleum jelly box
How to use:
- Apply petroleum jelly to the affected area with the help of a finger.
- Repeat this action three times a day for seven days.
The benefits of petroleum jelly or Vaseline have also been seen in the herpes problem. A research published on the NCBI website found that the use of petroleum jelly may prove to be somewhat beneficial in oral herpes. However, further research needs to be done regarding its functioning.
7. Epsom Salt
- One to a half cup of Epsom salt
- Hot water (as required)
How to use:
- First of all, fill the bathwater with hot water and add one cup of Epsom salt to it.
- Now sit in this water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later take a bath with normal water.
- This process can be used about twice a day.
Note- If there is no bathtub, you can use this water for bathing by mixing about half a cup of Epsom salt in a bucket of water.
According to experts, bathing in lukewarm water containing Epsom salt can help reduce the pain of herpes wounds. At the same time, after bathing, dry the skin well, because moisture can slow down the healing process. At the same time, it also has anti-aesthetic (numbing) and analgesic (pain-relieving) effects, which can be helpful in reducing the pain caused by herpes problem in the joint. Right now more research needs to be done on this.
8. Aloe Vera Gel
- Fresh Aloe Vera Gel (as required)
How to use:
- Separate the aloe vera gel from the aloe vera leaf.
- Now apply the gel (pulp) separated from the leaf on the affected area and leave it as is.
- This process can be repeated about three times a day.
Note – Natural aloe vera gel available in the market can also be used.
Due to the presence of many medicinal properties, aloe vera can be used as a treatment for many problems related to health and skin, including treatment of herpes. It has healing (wound healing), antiviral (reducing viral infections), moisturizing (skin moisture-retaining) effects. All these effects can jointly provide relief in herpes problem.
9. Olive oil
- A cup of olive oil
- About 10 drops of lavender oil
- Two spoons of seed wax (beeswax)
- A piece of cotton
How to use:
- Heat olive oil, add about 10 drops of lavender oil and two teaspoons of seed wax.
- Now heat this mixture for five to ten minutes.
- After this, keep the mixer to cool down for a while.
- When the mixture returns to normal temperature, apply it to the affected area.
- This mixture can be used about two to three times a day.
The use of olive oil may prove beneficial in herpes problems. Actually, olive oil has both anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. At the same time, we have mentioned above in the article that herpes is a type of virus infection. For this reason, it can be assumed that the antiviral properties present in olive oil may prove helpful in warding off the effects of the herpes virus. At the same time, the antibacterial properties present in it can help protect the wound infected with herpes virus from bacteria. In addition, lavender oil has the ability to relieve pain and seed wax itching. This is why this home remedy of olive oil can work to a great extent to relieve the patient of herpes problem.
10. The root of licorice
- Half a teaspoon of licorice root powder
- Water (as required)
How to use:
- Mix the powder of licorice root and make a paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, wash it with water.
- This process can be repeated up to twice a day.
The root of licorice can be used to relieve herpes problems. Actually, it has antiviral properties, which can work to fight the (HSV) virus. At the same time, the anti-inflammatory properties present in it can be helpful in reducing the inflammation caused by the wound. In addition, the antimicrobial properties present in it may help protect the wound infected with the herpes virus from bacterial infection.
Next, we are telling you what to eat in (HSV) disease.
Diet for Herpes (HSV)
It is also important to take care of the diet when there is a problem with the herpes simplex virus. Here we are talking about some essential foods, which can be somewhat helpful in curing the symptoms of the herpes simplex virus:
- Fresh green and yellow vegetables (organic).
- Fresh organic fruits (except citrus fruits).
- Legumes (peas, chickpeas, lentils, beans, etc.).
- Whole grains especially millet.
- Note: During the problem of herpes simplex virus, take medical advice once before taking these foods.
Read further something special
Complications associated with the herpes virus are described below.
Complications of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)
The following complications can arise from herpes problems:
- Mouth ulcers and blisters may recur.
- This virus can also catch other parts of the skin.
- The risk of bacterial infection may increase.
- In individuals with weakened immune systems, the spread of this virus throughout the body can also be fatal.
- In pregnant women, a genital herpes infection can also enter a child.
- Herpes infection in pregnant women can cause brain infection in a child.
Here we are giving information about when to go to the doctor if there is herpes.
When to Consult the Doctor?
It is necessary to contact the doctor in the following conditions of herpes:
- On appearing severe symptoms of herpes.
- Symptoms of herpes virus if severe and persist even after 2 weeks.
- Blisters around the eyes.
- If the infected person’s immune system is weak.
Know below how to prevent herpes.
Lifestyle Changes and Prevention Tips for Herpes
The following things can be taken care of to keep yourself away from the herpes problem:
- Use zinc balm lip balm before going out of the house.
- Use a moisturizer to keep the lips moist.
- Avoid direct contact with the infected person.
- After using a towel or handkerchief, wash them with warm water.
- Avoid eating anything with a person suffering from oral (HSV). Also do not share items like utensils, glasses, and straws.
- At the same time, avoid having sex with a person suffering from genital herpes.
Now you must have known every small and big thing related to the herpes problem. Also, you must have got complete information about what can be caused by (HSV). At the same time, some tips related to this problem and home remedies to get rid of this problem are also explained in detail. Keep in mind, the use of these home remedies can relieve the problem, but these remedies are not a complete cure for herpes. Therefore, for the complete treatment of the problem, seek medical consultation. Hope this article helps you.
Frequently asked questions:
Is cold sore and Herpes the same?
Yes, herpes is also known as cold sores.
Is there a higher risk of Herpes in rain and winter?
Although the (HSV) virus is present in every season, it can be more prone to spread in the rain and winter season. However, no scientific evidence is available on this subject.
Can herpes harm my baby during pregnancy?
As we mentioned above, if a pregnant has genital (HSV), it can pass into the body of the child having the virus and risk a brain infection.
How long can it take for Herpes to recover?
It depends on the severity of the problem and the health of the person.