Easy Homemade Cough Syrup For Children
One of the common diseases affecting children is cough. A child can have a lot of discomforts when coughing and can become irritable and seeing his child in trouble can be frustrating for parents too. You may be skeptical about giving any medicine to children because many over-the-counter medicines are not safe for your child.
So to cure cough in children, you can try homemade cough syrup. Homemade cough syrups are not only safe for children, but they are also very easy to make. Here we will discuss many types of homemade cough syrup recipes, which you can make at home and cure children’s cough. in this article made me perfect we will give you full information about Easy Homemade Cough Syrup For Children.
in this article made me perfect we will give you full information about Easy Homemade Cough Syrup For Children so let’s start reading
Homemade Cough Syrup for Children
You can try any of the recipes below: Homemade Cough Syrup
1. Honey and Lemon Cough Syrup
Honey and lemon are a very good combination to cure cough in children. it’s rich in antibacterial properties and is also an excellent source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. On the other hand, lemon contains rich in vitamin ‘C’. Vitamin C helps to keep the immune system healthy. Both of these ingredients present in this cough syrup are very effective in relieving cough.
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons lukewarm water
- Place all materials at room temperature (except hot water)
- Combine honey and lemon juice in a glass
- Add hot water to this mixture to get a consistency like desired syrup
- Pour it into a clean sterilized glass jar
- If the child shows signs of cold, you can give one tablespoon of this homemade cough medicine to your child three to four times a day.
Read more: 15 Iron-Rich Foods For Children
2. Milk and Honey
Milk and honey work together as effective medicine in children’s cough. The relaxing properties of honey and the nutritional properties of milk work very well together to cure cough in children. This syrup not only gives relief from cough but also cures a runny nose. Both these things are easily available at home and you can prepare and give children cough home medicine in case of early symptoms of cold and cold.
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon or a pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- Take milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and boil it
- When it boils, take it off the flame
- When the milk cools down, add honey and turmeric powder and mix well.
- You can give this effective medicine to your child at any time of the day.
3. Fennel and Honey Syrup
Fennel is particularly known for its healing properties. It is used to treat upper respiratory tract infections such as asthma and bronchitis and also helps in fighting cough in children. Fennel and honey are very effective in treating cold and cough symptoms in children.
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 cups honey
- 1½ cups of water
- Take fennel and codename
- Boil water in a pan
- When it starts boiling, add the ground fennel and boil until it remains one cup.
- Turn off the heat and add honey to this mixture
- When the mixture cools down, fill it in a clean glass pot.
- Give your child a big spoon three to four times a day
Read more: How to Store Breast milk After Pumping
4. Honey and Ginger Cough Syrup
Ginger is anti-inflammatory and also has medicinal properties. Honey is rich in antibacterial properties. Together these two ingredients are very effective in fighting cough in children. These materials are easily available at home and can be easily made for children.
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup ginger flakes, you can also use ½ cup grated ginger instead
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Take a heavy-bottomed saucepan and add water, lemon juice, and ginger to it
- Boil the mixture and keep it on low heat for 5-6 minutes
- Take the mixture off the heat and cool it
- When the mixture cools down, sieve it
- Add honey to the mixture and mix well
- Fill it in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge
- You can give half to one tablespoon of this phlegm syrup to your child three to four times a day.
Read more: 15 Good Eating Habits For Children
5. Peppermint and Ginger Cough Syrup
This recipe does not contain honey, due to which it is a great cough syrup for young infants. Children below 1 year of age should not be given honey. It is one of the forbidden foods for infants. This phlegm syrup also contains peppermint, which is rich in methanol and antibacterial properties.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped or grated ginger
- 4 cups of water
- Take water in a pan
- Add ginger and mint leaves to the water
- Boil the water and then keep it on low heat for 5 to 6 minutes
- When the water remains low, take it off the heat
- Sieve the water and keep the mixture in the fridge
- Allow the syrup to come to room temperature before giving it to the child
- You can give your child a teaspoon of this syrup two to three times a day.
Read more: Best Bathtub For Babies To Buy 2021
6. Cough syrup of onion, garlic, and honey
An effective cough syrup can be made for children by combining the antibacterial properties of ginger and the antimicrobial properties of ginger and honey.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- ½ cup honey
- 1 pinch oregano, thyme, and sage
- ½ cup water
- Mix water and honey together
- Grind garlic cloves and chop onions
- Add onion and garlic to the honey mixture
- Add thyme, sage, and oregano to the mixture
- Mix all ingredients well and cover
- Leave it overnight
- Sieve it and keep it in the fridge
- You can give a small spoon of this syrup to the child when he starts coughing.
All these household Cough syrups given above are very effective in treating cough in children. But if you notice that the child’s condition does not improve or it worsens further, you should seek medical help immediately. Sometimes children may also be allergic to certain materials. Hence it is advisable to consult a doctor before giving any household Cough syrup to the child.