Causes, Symptoms, and Home remedies for dandruff in Children
Is your child’s head itching constantly, causing it to become irritable? If this is the case, then the cause may be dandruff. Yes, you are reading right. Now the problem of dandruff is starting to happen even to small children. Dandruff has caused hair loss even in children. This is a very serious problem. Earlier it used to happen only with the elderly, but now children are also in the grip of it. In this article of Made Me Perfect, we will talk about this issue. We will learn more about the Causes, Symptoms, and Home remedies for dandruff in Children and how to treat dandruff in children’s heads.
lets know Causes, Symptoms, and Home remedies for dandruff in Children
Can children have dandruff like children?
Yes, like adults, children can also have dandruff problems. Dandruff occurs mainly in the scalp, which can make the hair lifeless. Dandruff or dandruff can be caused by over-drying of the scalp or fungal infection. It is necessary to treat it at the right time. If this is not the case, other scalp complications may arise.
In this part of the article, we will learn about whether or not children have a common problem in Dandruff.
Read more: How To Stop White Hair Problem In Children
Is dandruff a common problem in children?
Yes, dandruff can be common in children. Dandruff depends on the cleanliness and nutrition of children’s hair. The problem of dandruff may be common in children whose scalp is deficient in nutrition, but this problem is rarely seen in children who receive adequate nutrition.
Next, we are telling the children about the reasons for getting Dandruff.
Read more: How To Increase Appetite In A Child
Causes of Dandruff in Children
There can be many reasons for getting dandruff, some of which are as follows:
- Dry skin can cause dandruff. This can be mostly due to the cold and cold winter air.
- Skin problems, such as eczema, pimples, and psoriasis, can cause dandruff.
- Dandruff can occur if not shampooed properly on time.
- Dandruff can also occur when using chemical products or hair dyes for hair care.
Let us now know whether dandruff can harm children’s scalp.
Read more: Food For Eyesight Improvement
Can dandruff damage children’s scalps?
Yes, in some cases children may suffer from dandruff. Many children develop dandruff, which can cause red spots in the child’s head, severe itching, and hair loss.
Read the next part of the article to learn the symptoms of dandruff in children.
Dandruff symptoms in children
The symptoms of dandruff start appearing before the outbreak, which is as follows:
- Dry and scaly skin, which can be caused by cold weather.
- Dry skin of the face, forehead, ears, or eyebrows.
- Scalp or smooth skin on other parts of the body.
- Mild redness was visible in the Dandruff affected area.
- Hair loss
Keep reading this article to know the treatment of dandruff of children’s heads.
Read more: How to Increase Immunity in Child Naturally
Treatment of dandruff/dandruff in children’s head
Most dandruff problems can be treated with the use of shampoo. The existing properties in these shampoos have beneficial effects in removing it, which are as follows:
- Selenium Sulfide Shampoo – This shampoo acts as a protective layer for skin cells. Also, it can work to keep fungus away, which can cause dandruff.
- Tar-based shampoo – This shampoo contains Kol tar, which works to reduce dandruff.
- Zinc Pyrithione Shampoo – This shampoo does not allow the fungus to stick on the scalp, which can cause dandruff.
- Salicylic Acid Shampoo – This can help remove scaly skin from the scalp.
- Ketoconazole Shampoo – This shampoo has antifungal properties, which work to reduce the fungus in the scalp. It can be rid of the problem of dandruff.
Let us now know about some home remedies to deal with dandruff.
Read more: Best Booster Seat For Babies To Buy In 2021
10 home remedies for dandruff in children
Nothing can be better than fixing any problem with home remedies. In this way, we can also cure dandruff with some easy home remedies, which are as follows:
- Tea tree oil: The use of tea tree oil can be beneficial to get rid of the dandruff problem. For this, the antifungal properties found in tea tree oil can help in treating dandruff. Therefore, it can be considered useful for children affected by dandruff.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be used in the treatment of dandruff. Actually, it has anti-dandruff properties. With this, the problem of dandruff can be overcome. Also, it helps in reducing fungal.
- Aloe vera: According to research, the anti-bacterial and antifungal properties found in Aloe vera can act to prevent the formation of dandruff. Thus, using aloe vera, dandruff and many skin problems caused by it can also be dealt with.
- Consumption of omega-3-rich diet: A research conducted on some children proved that the use of an omega-3-rich diet can overcome the problem of dandruff. Also, the work of repairing dry hair and dry skin can also be done.
- Use of eggs: Eggs are also beneficial for hair. According to scientific evidence, dandruff can be got rid of by using eggs. Zinc found in eggs may be beneficial for this. Therefore, the use of eggs can make the hair soft and shiny.
- Lemon Juice: Many anti-dandruff shampoos include lemon plant extract and its juice, which are beneficial for removing dandruff from the scalp as well as hair. Therefore, lemons can also be used to get rid of dandruff.
- Baking soda: It is better to use baking soda instead of shampoo to remove dandruff. Baking soda has antifungal properties, which can act to remove dandruff. Rub the baking soda thoroughly into the hair and scalp and wash it with water after some time. This will not only remove dandruff but will also improve the scalp and make hair shiny.
- Amla: Amla can prove to be a good home remedy for dandruff. Amla contains vitamins A and C, which help prevent hair loss as well as remove dandruff. Therefore, Amla can be considered helpful in home remedies of dandruff.
- Apple Vinegar: Apple vinegar can be helpful in removing dandruff. The acid found in apple vinegar works by keeping the scalp healthy by improving the pH of the affected scalp, which prevents dandruff.
- Olive oil: Dandruff can be treated using olive oil. Actually, it has anti-fungal properties, which can be beneficial for the scalp.
Let us now know under what circumstances one should resort to a doctor in case of dandruff.
When to go to the doctor
In case of dandruff, take your child to the doctor in these cases:
- If dandruff does not go away completely, despite doing home remedies and using anti-dandruff shampoo.
- If the skin becomes red, it has swelling and fluid is coming out of the skin.
Dandruff is not a problem that cannot be fixed. Yes, if carelessness is done, then other problems can arise from it. Therefore, if you do not want your child to have more trouble, eliminate dandruff from the root with the help of home remedies mentioned in the article. Also, share this article with others. Stay connected with Made Me Perfect to read other similar articles.