Aster Flower Information – Today we will know about a flower which is very beautiful and attractive to look at. Which is called Aster flower Aster Flower Information. In this article, we have some interesting information related to aster flowers, and how to plant aster flowers, how to take care of them.
You will know much more information related to this. So let’s know, all the information about the flower of Aster. in this article made me perfect we will give you full information about Aster Flower Information And Facts. so let’s start reading.
Aster Flower Information
The flower of Aster blooms in many colors, of which purple and red are the main ones. Aster plants are perennial, belonging to the daisy family. Its flowers are shaped like stars. Aster plants can be easily grown in gardens. Scientific Name of Aster Flower – Asteraceae The flower of Aster is known by many other names, in which Aster, Michaelmas Daisies, Aster Patens, Aster Praeustus, and Forest Flower are the main ones.
There are many species of aster flowers. It comes in different colors and sizes according to the species. Esters are used for many purposes. Most of all, this flower is used to decorate the pavilion in the wedding ceremony, apart from this, its plants are grown as decoration in large gardens. When going to meet someone, he also gives a bouquet of Aster as a gift. Aster flowers are most widely cultivated in North America and Southern Europe.
Aster Flower Meaning
Aster is derived from the ancient Greek word Aster. This word means star. This name is given to this flower because the shape of the flower of Aster is like a star. Aster flower is a symbol of wisdom, faith, and love. This flower is used for gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. Since then it is considered a symbol of love. When the aster flower blooms, it attracts butterflies and bees. It plays an important role in pollinating the flower.
Aster Plant Information
Aster plants are perennial. The height of these plants is usually about one to four feet. Apart from this, some plants are also small or large according to the species. The spread of these plants is about one to three feet.
The size of the flower of Aster is from 1 to 2 inches. These flowers bloom in many colors, in which purple, red, pink, white, and blue are the main colors. These flowers have a yellow center in the middle. This flower is made up of many small petals.
Just like the sunflower flower and the daisy flower. The small petals in the center are called discs, the color of the small flowers blooming above this disc is sometimes different.
The leaves of the aster plant are dark green in color. Its leaves are long and thin like flowers, which are slightly pointed in front. The stems of the aster plant are straight.
Aster Plant Varieties or Species
There are more than 600 species of aster plants in the whole world. Whereas the most liked flowers are Purple Aster Flower and White Aster Flower. There are many varieties of purple-colored asters. Below are some of the popular species of aster, which include purple and all other species.
- New England Asters (Aster novae-angliae) – New England is considered one of the most beautiful and attractive plants of the genus Asterias. Plants of this genus are called Spimipotrichum nova-Anglia or Aster nova-Anglia. These plants grow very easily even in the autumn season. These plants are native to North America.
- New York Asters (Aster Novi-belgii) – Plants of this species are commonly called Michaelmas Daisy. All types of plants of this genus grow in the mid-summer season. These plants bear purple, white, and pink flowers.
- Wood’s Purple – The center of this variety of plants is yellow, and these flowers are purple blooms on a double surface.
- Purple Cloud (Aster novae-angliae) – The purple cloud species is one of the species native to New England. Plants of this species are perennial, bearing purple flowers with a yellow center. Plants of this species are grown in full sun.
- Rosa Sieger Aster (Aster novae-angliae) – Rosa Sieger Aster is a variety native to New England that blooms with pale pink flowers with a yellow center. This flower blooms from September to October. The height of these plants is about three to four feet. And this plant spreads to about two feet in width.
- King George (Aster amellus) – Flowers of this species are purple in color. It is also known as Italian ester. The shape of these flowers is oval.
How to Grow Aster Plant From Seed How to Grow Aster Plant
- Aster Flower plants grow well in summer. They do not like very cold areas. Aster plants can be grown very easily at 20 – 25 degrees Celsius temperature.
- First of all, you should prepare a better and fertile soil mixture for planting the plant.
- To prepare the soil, you can mix loamy soil and cockpit, or dung manure inside it.
- After mixing the soil well, it should be left for a few hours. So that the soil dries completely.
- After this, you should take some seeds of the aster plant and plant them in the soil.
- Plant the seeds according to the size of the pot. About 200 seeds can be grown in a medium-sized pot.
- After putting the seeds in the pot, cover them with a layer of soil.
- After that put water in the pot. Take care not to add too much water as it may spoil the seeds.
- Keep the pot in a place where the sunlight is very light.
- Your aster seeds will begin to germinate within about a week.
- When the plants grow a little, they should be planted in a big pot.
How to Care for an Aster Plant
- After planting this plant, you should take special care of the watering. Never give too much water to it.
- When the plant becomes a little bigger, it should be pruned. In this, you can remove the growing branches from the plant.
- By pruning, more branches come out in the plant, due to which flowers still come more.
- Always plant aster plants in a place where there are about five hours of sunlight in a day.
- Do not allow moisture to remain in the plant during winter. This damages the plants.
- If the leaves of the plant are getting damaged, and kit moths are on it, then you can use a spray of neem oil.
Aster Flower FAQ
Do Aster Plants Grow Every Year?
Aster flower bloom in the spring. When seeds come on top of them, you should keep these seeds carefully before they fall on the ground. And next year should grow again. If it falls down on the ground on its own, then in such a condition these plants do not grow.
Do Aster Plants Need Sunlight and Shade?
Aster plants grow better in the sun. However, they need shade. But it blooms less in shaded places.
In which month do aster flowers bloom?
Aster flowers bloom during the summer, and they come in many colors depending on the species.
Does aster mean star?
Aster is an ancient Greek word, which comes from (astḗr), meaning “star”.